Thursday 14 April 2011

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Trailer

20th Century Fox has released the first trailer for the upcoming movie Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Directed by Rupert Wyatt and starring James Franco, Andy Serkis, Frida Pinto, John Lithgow, Tom Felton and Brian Cox. The film is a reboot/prequel that will show how the apes rise! The film is to be released on August 5th. So check out the trailer!








I have high hopes for this film. As a child I loved the original films and subsequent TV shows. Then I saw Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes and was very dissapointed. When I heard they were doing a new film I had differing opinions. On one hand a new Apes film could be great, on the other was the fact it could turn out like Burton's debacle. So after seeing the first trailer for Rise (I refuse to say the name, it's just far too long, rise will do). I can honestly say I am interested. I like the style of the way its shot. I like the actors. I like the premise. We don't see too much of the action, which is good. I want to see it in the cinema. Is Rise one of my most anticipated films of 2011? Nowhere near! But will I go and see it? Sure, it looks good for now.

As always, leave your thoughts. Did you like the trailer? Are you a fan of the Planet Of The Apes franchise?

Thanks.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment