Thursday 24 March 2011

Captain America Trailer

Well, after much delay from Paramount Pictures. The first theatrical trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger has hit the net. The film, directed by Joe Johnston and starring Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones and Hugo Weaving will hit cinema's nationwide on July 29th.

Personally, I think this looks surprisingly great. I have never been interested in Captain America, when I heard this film was being made I was worried, I thought that it would look silly and stupid. Altogether I thought it wouldn't cross onto screen well. My worries for now have been thrown out! This trailer blew me away. The tone of the film is serious but popcorn at the same time. The Red Skull looks impressive, Tommy Lee Jones is great casting and the action set pieces have a nostalgic feeling to them. For me the whole trailer just connected perfectly. Skinny Chris Evans creeped me out. The CG isn't bad, it's just weird to me. Much better than young Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. All in all, the trailer succeeds for me. They made me interested in a film I couldn't of cared about a few weeks ago

What are your thoughts on the trailer? As always, leave comments below.




Thanks,

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment